List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying at the moment. Post these instructions in your LJ along with your 7 songs.
- Four Minutes -- Madonna and friends. Objectively shit, but between the "Ma ... donna" bit and only having four minutes to save the world it is clearly the theme song to my new favourite ship.
- Fascination -- Alphabeat. Just. So. Much. Fun.
- Ciao -- Lush feat. Jarvis Cocker. I luff this song.
- The theme tune to "The Big Bang Theory", which Wikipedia tells me is Barenaked Ladies. The show itself has gone way too far over into male nerd entitlement issues lately with lots of toxic "nice guy" stuff (which I find deeply disappointing on account of the numerous Green Lantern references being very pleasing to me before I decided to stop watching) but I do love this.
- Black and Gold -- Sam Sparro. Because it reminds me of John Meaney books. Trufax. (The stars in mu-space, see ...)
- Goodbye Mr A -- Hoosiers. All pop songs should secretly be critiques of the philosophies of ultra-obscure comics characters.
- The Age of the Understatement -- The Last Shadow Puppets. Completely bonkers but creates amazing subliminal images in my head.
So it turns out there is very little music I like for itself, it's all about the appeal to my geekiness. (There is plenty of music I like properly, but I don't tend to listen to it very often compared to the current stuff on the radio/music TV channels which does tend to win if it has geek points so the "right now" element of this meme skews it.)