1. When did you start watching and why?
Don't know for sure to either of those, because I was a toddler.
2. What was your first serial/episode?
My earliest memory of Who is Attack of the Cybermen (specifically the Cyber-base on Telos). Except my memory of Attack has Five in it, so it is clearly wrong.
3. Which serials/episodes have you seen?
Loads. It's probably easier to list the stuff I'm saving up for later (scarfman has an excellent cartoon about deliberately missing Stargate sometimes so there'll be new ones for him to watch once it's over, and that is how I feel about the bits of Who I haven't seen, but I can never find it when I want it): Keys of Marinus, The Chase, The Tenth Planet (I KNOW!), The Krotons, Ambassadors of Death (I don't want there to never be new S7!), Frontier in Space (though for some reason whenever I visit people with UK Gold this is what's on, so I've seen quite a lot of it, just not properly), Invasion of the Dinos, Monster of Peladon, Four to Doomsday, The King's Demons, The Twin Dilemma (god, that's only eleven, I thought it was way more than that)
That's of the extant material, natch; I am bad at the burninated stuff -- I haven't bought any audios or obtained any recons, but I do own Lost in Time.
Roll a d6.
2. Warriors' Gate.
3. Curse of Fenric.
4. Ghost Light.
5. Remembrance of the Daleks.
6. The End of the World. (Because it's the day DW came back.)
(That's "favourite" favourite, with no objective quality considerations.)
4. Are your friends/family interested in the show?
They'll watch it if they're in when it's on. And they've absorbed a certain awareness of fannish opinions by osmosis.
5. Which Doctor is your favourite?
6. Which Doctor is your least favourite?
Nine, the useless one.
7. Which TV companion is your favourite?
8. Which TV companion is your least favourite?
That's a mean question.
9. Do you listen to the Big Finish audios?
I did for a bit (particularly around the Divergence arc), but I fell off the wagon when I ran out of money and haven't got back on. I always got the feeling that the ones I really liked were the ones they felt they had to make to please the rad fans, and the trad stuff was where their heart really lay. (Am I being unfair to the new non-Gary-Russell BF? Should I be listening again? The BBC7 McGann season did not impress me overmuch.)
9a. If so, which is your favourite?
Waah! Too hard. Probably Natural History of Fear.
9b. Also: which Big Finish companion is your favourite?
*cheats and says Benny*
10. Have you listened to any non-Big Finish audios?
Punchline is superb. The Faction Paradox stuff is variable but fun.
10a. If so, which is your favourite?
The first two BBV FP ones. Because I love Morlock.
11. Have you read any novels or short stories?
A bunch of EDAs, fewer NAs than I pretend to.
11a. Have you written any of the novels or short stories?
11b. Which is your favourite?
God, that's hard. Again, in strictly "favourite" terms, The Also People. Because I love Iain Banks.
12. Have you read any of the comics?
All the ones currently available in the DWM collections.
12a. You guessed it--which is your favourite?
The Flood. Pretty much the whole of the last part is <3.
13. Do you watch any of the spinoffs (e.g. Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures)?
Torchwood; am waiting for the DVDs of SJA as it was never on at the right time for me.
13a. Which is your favourite?
SJA, even though I've only seen Invasion of the Bane and the Slitheen one. Torchwood may overtake if it delivers me some Martha/Tosh.
14. Is there any particular episode/book/audio/comic you desperately want to watch/listen to/read?
Simon Bucher-Jones's much-teased-about FP extravaganza.
15. Do you write fanfic for Doctor Who?
Just a lot.
15a. If so, post a snippet of a work-in-progress (or several!)
She has read of a few like this, met two -- the journalist who can only publish the truth as fiction now, the UFO watcher who became an alien -- and she knows instantly that before her now is another.
16. Do you create Doctor Who icons?
Normally I snag 'em off other people. I have made a few very amateurish ones: one about Ian Richardson as Forty Two for fake-ship-war purposes two days after that joke had died; a very bad Infinite Quest one about hugporn; a several-years-past-the-moment "My Doctor" one of the shot of Seven at the chessboard in Fenric; a "Do Not Want" of Dalek Sec; a Factiony one that's just a crop from the cover of the first ish of the comic; and the Perivale 600,000,000 rest of the universe nil one that's currently my default.
17. Recommend a fanfic/icon/fanvid/fancomic/fancreation!
mimi-na's brilliant thing of all the female companions saying "Doctor!" and Rose wailing "but I thought I was special!" Because of the thought that went into the font selection. (Srsly!)
18. Have you been to any Doctor Who conventions?
No. I am afeared of RL socialising with fans bringing out all my worst sides simultaneously.
19. Have you ever dressed up as a Doctor Who character?
Does putting a laundry basket over my head count?
20. Do you own any Doctor Who merchandise?
A Character Options RC Bling Dalek (best. birthday present. ever.); both Top Trumps packs.
21. Are you a fan of Russell T Davies?
Since Dark Season. But he does need someone to stop him. (My current theory is that that line of Donna's was Rusty's subconscious tunneling out to try and send a message.)
21a. Steven Moffat?
Since Press Gang, Joking Apart, Coupling ...
21b. Paul Cornell?
Er. That's complicated. He's undoubtedly a lovely person, and some of the stuff he writes is fantastic, and he created Benny so for that alone he deserves to be canonised. But some of his stuff I find deeply suspect (particularly Father's Day).
22. What say you to Season 6b?
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
23. The UNIT dating controversy?
Depending on mood: "BORING!", "Loz Miles settled that once and for all in Inty", "Why didn't Jo realise Mike was gay?"
24. The Blinovitch Limitation Effect?
Superb bit of technobabble.
25. Multi-Doctor episodes?
None of them are good. All of them are lovely. (Oh, except Time Crash. Time Crash is both.)
26. What's your favourite Doctor Who technobabble?
27. Have you watched other TV shows exclusively because of the presence of Doctor Who actors?
Not that I can recall. But I am (hopefully) going to see the RSC's Seagull for Sylv, rather than Ian McKellen.
28. Have you met any of the actors?
No. And I don't think I want to, to be honest.
28a. Travelled to any filming locations?
I grew up in spitting distance of Wells Cathedral; does that count?
29. What do you think of "The Curse of Fatal Death"?
The template for the new series.
(I'm serious. Nine fancies his companion. Daleks and the Master back. Farting aliens. Thirteen is clearly going to be a girl.)
30. Do you have any fannish opinions that you think are fairly unpopular?
Fandom is so wonderfully diverse now that this doesn't have the obvious answers of a while ago (not hating McCoy, etc.) Probably my distaste for the placing on a pedestal of Rose counts. And I do worry about the new series race stuff, because it is a pattern, not just a single individual. And I think eps 2-4 of An Unearthly Child are just as great as ep 1.
31. What's your favourite pairing?
Doctor/TARDIS. It is TRUTH.
32. What pairing(s) won't you touch with a really long pole?
My inner 10-year-old refuses to countenance Seven/Ace.
In other news, my reading of the flist has been v. sporadic for the last week or so. Do let me know of anything important and/or cool I've missed. (Either of your own creation, or other people's, given how modest most of you are.)