Things I was tempted to spam you about in the last week or so, all in one handy post.
- I know it's deeply tedious to LJ about having trouble getting onto LJ, but the servers are significantly less robust since the move, y/y?
- I liked the remake of
Terry Nation's One Other Good IdeaSurvivors, myself. ( Collapse )
- I have been thinking about the tendency of bad fic to drive out good, which is a pattern I've seen in pretty much every comm I'm familiar with that's even slightly active. ( Collapse )
- I'm going to cop to this one publicly rather than on my filter because I'm quite proud of it: I wrote TARDIS/Sapphire for the kink meme and here it will be on Teaspoon. (YAY! The 'spoon lets you do colours! I'm so glad I have any sort of self-restraint at all, or all my fics would turn into rainbows or something.)
- I am thinking about rewatching S1 of New Who properly all the way through soon to see how it holds up. I liked it at the time for being new Doctor Who on the telly but I have always hated Nine's inability to take the tough choice, which is pretty much his defining character trait as far as I'm concerned and the thing that gets him killed. And also the arbitrary "this person > that person" thing which I had issues with ever since Mickey in Rose. If I do should I post about it, or would it become tedious and be too likely to be hatey? (I may rediscover all the things I enjoyed first time round, or I may notice lots of stuff that prefigures RTD's patterns of fail that weren't obvious as patterns at the time.)
- I keep getting in fights on who_anon with people who tell me I'm an emotionless drone who cannot appreciate any modern TV, just because I think the emo in new Who is overdone. ( Collapse )
- Manufactured American girlpop seems to be having a very good run at the moment. Or my ability to have any discernment whatsoever has jumped straight out of a twentieth-floor window. One of the two. The worst part is that I really like Katy Perry's new song and am now trying to work out whether Kissed A Girl is really objectionable or not.
- OTOH: oh, god, James Blunt is so annoying. His songs are bad enough but when he's being interviewed he's so vapid. He's just saying all the standard "I just do my thing and if anyone else likes it that's a bonus" stuff, but he comes across so smug. I should know better than to watch E4 Music when they're not just putting videos on.
- Comics! Angel: After the Fall has finally started to make something resembling sense, inasmuch as we've found out what various people are up to. I am bloody well going to have to reread it from the beginning, aren't I? Also, there are lots of good comics coming out tomorrow. I'm a bit grumpy that the release schedules of Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy have aligned, as it means I get all my Cosmic Marvel at once instead of nicely spread out through the month. Also, there is new Blue Beetle! I still can't believe that's been cancelled. Woe. Does anyone know many more we're getting? (My one Blue Beetle icon, let me show you it.)
- I am going to catch up on SJA now. ( Collapse )